Job Openings in the Fargo/Moorhead Area
VISTA Summer Associate for our Youth Development Program
Employment type: Full-Time
Location type: Onsite
Location: Moorhead, Minnesota, United States
Duration: Temporary / Seasonal
Work schedule: Full time for ten weeks
Program Start/End date: 06 /05/2023 to 08/11/2023.
Program benefits: Living allowance, Education Award of End of Service, Stipend, and professional development.
Find more benefits at VISTACampus.gov/inservice/benefits-service.
1. Plan, develop and implement educational training in reading, math, study skills and self-esteem to increase social and academic performance.
2. Organize and coordinate lunches, cooking classes, games, trips and activities in collaboration with schools, volunteers and local agencies.
3. Work closely with staff, volunteers, community partners and parents to organize transportation, trainers, facilities, and resources to implement activities to increase learning skills, positive character building and self-esteem.
4. Provide training, and information to empower parents and caring adults to learn & understand e-learning and utilize any resources in support of youth development.
5. Connect with staff and AmeriCorps members to utilize social media tools to publicize and foster community engagement.
6. Manage budget and expenses while monitoring, tracking, and submitting biweekly reports on youth development and family engagement.
Cultural Diversity Resources inspires you to alleviate poverty through family engagement with healthy living and financial management while empowering their children with educational opportunities for increased self-esteem and academic success.
Cultural Diversity Resources (CDR) is an ethnic-based nonprofit serving Fargo, ND & Moorhead, MN. It was established in 1994 to serve increased ethnically diverse population with racial, social, and economic disparities. Its mission is to ‘serve as an intercultural bridge that strengthens bonds, educates and empowers diverse families and communities.’ CDR serves as an AmeriCorps VISTA sponsor, in collaboration with a Multicultural Alliance partnership, for five ‘Black Indigenous & People of Color’ (BIPOC) nonprofits such as New American Development Agency, Ps & Qs, Women Initiative Network and Baraza La Afrika.
Summer Associates will provide direct service in the Youth Development Program for ten weeks (June-August) to assist the VISTA Youth Coordinator for the following activities: (1) educational training for youth to improve learning and study skills, self-esteem, and academic performance and (2) plan, develop and implement a variety of social, physical and recreational youth activities, (3) Plan, implement, evaluate, document and monitor all youth activities working closely with youth supervisor, trainers, parents and volunteers, (4)serve as a positive role model to provide caring support for youth to access the necessary information, resources, and services to meet the needs of youth and their parents. (5) Plan, develop and implement training and activities to educate, prepare and empower parents in support of their children’s social and academic success.
Adaptable, good organizing & communication skills, enjoy working with ethnically diverse children and families, passionate about community service and team player.
112 North University Drive, Suite 306, Fargo, ND 58102
Phone: (701) 212-5874 Email: email@example.com
All applicants must apply at: